Monday, September 24, 2007

First Roast on our Probat L12


Finally the great day arrived where we could roast our first batch on our new Probat L12!
- What a great feeling:-)

The beans where from Finca Vista Hermosa and even though we need some 'getting to know each other time' with the new machine the roast turned out quite ok, but a bit too slow to really get the flavour out that we want to present of this coffee. Today we will do some more experimenting with the L12 to work our way closer to understanding this particular machine (I have to admit that I am pretty excited to get on with it).

Beside me getting to understand the L12 better, the new Roaster needs to be roasted through some batches before we will present the coffee from it. Nevertheless I am sure we soon will have very nice results from the L12 and I will be looking very much forward to getting response to the flavours we can bring out with this new roaster.

If you would like to see more pictures from the roast check out our flickr account.

I'm off to the roastery!

Peter

No comments:

 
'